Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License. Jarod D. Crews: When a reader truly understands, it leaves me feeling rather chuffed!

Tuesday, March 12, 2013

When a reader truly understands, it leaves me feeling rather chuffed!

"I thoroughly enjoyed this novella and am 
compelled to share some kudos: (1)The story 
pulls you in fast and the detail in the 
writing makes you feel like you are actually there - I could see the scenery unfold before me as I read about it, down to the dust and heat. (2) I was fascinated by the Steam-punk backdrop and detail and want to know more - it added a uniqueness to the story that you won't find anywhere else. (3) I really enjoyed the characters. I pegged the main character for older than he actually is, but as you read about him, you realize that his actions relate to his age. As I learned more about his background it became obvious that he has a gritty upbringing so he is beyond his years in some ways, but not others. I enjoyed this complexity in his character. In summary - this is a great read and a totally fresh idea. My only disappointment is that I have to wait for the next installment! I can't wait to pick it up!" ~ An amazing five-star review, for which I'm exceedingly appreciative!





3 comments:

  1. Steampunk Chronicle Readers' Choice Awards 2014

    Greetings!

    As Literary and Games Editor for the Steampunk Chronicle, it is my pleasure to formally advise you that you have been nominated for a 2014 Readers' Choice Award.

    Category:

    Work or Person:

    We would like to send you a nominee badge that you can display on your web page. Please advise if this is a good address to send it to.

    The Awards will be announced at Steampunk Symposium on April 26th, 2014. We would appreciate it if you can let us know whether or not you plan to attend that event.


    Congratulations, and thank you very much!

    Gregory G.H. Rihn
    Literary and Games Editor
    Steampunk Chronicle

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry, I forgot to fill in Category, Best Short Story, and Work: Liberation at 50 Paces. Congrats!

      Delete