Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License. Jarod D. Crews: Titles, titles, titles ...

Saturday, May 5, 2012

Titles, titles, titles ...

    The way I see it, it's much like a pitch; in fact, it is very much a pitch in regard to summing up your story, but with appellative brevity. You've got to think: how can I recapitulate the belly of my tale, while providing both a hint of intrigue and a general nod to the concept therein? I, myself, am a fan of the understated -- less is more. Nothing drives me crackers like a wordy, mucked up title. It will come to you. I guarantee that you'll be in the midst of writing one day, fingers whirling like a dervish across the keys of your computer, when, WHAM, the perfect handle will scream out at you.  And that, friends, is my humble opinion.

No comments:

Post a Comment